Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thread Animals

Yesterday I received the latest issue of Talking Crochet...with Carol Alexander. She talks about a Yahoo group that is for making teddy bears and other animals from thread, needle punch and other sizes of thread and yarn.

They are gorgeous and adorable!! I immediately went to the group and signed up. This has made learning to crochet the number one thing on my list right now and I started tonight I have a disc (somewhere) to teach myself, but I can't find it. So I've found a web site with a lot of how to videos for crochet. As with knitting, the written instructions just aren't cutting it. I need to see someones hands doing it to catch on.

Not to mention there are hundreds of crochet patterns I've been collecting that I want to do (in addition to the knitting and quilting and sewing and cross stitch...I know, I know). There just aren't enough hours in the day.

I can't wait to make my first bear. Some of them are as small as 5/8". That just astounds me.

I'll update as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment