Thursday, July 1, 2010

Crocheting my little heart out

Believe it or not I have actually been busy. I have been doing a lot of crocheting.

First up is the baby blanket I did for a co-worker who is having a little boy. The pattern called for a size G hook, but I ended up moving up to an I to get the right gauge. I don't know if it's me or the patterns, but sometimes the gauge works and sometimes it doesn't. I used Bernat Baby Sport Yarn in Baby White and Baby Denim Marl and really liked it. Here's the finished item made from the Little Boy Blue afghan pattern which I believe is a Red Heart pattern. The only thing I didn't do was the embroidery on it, just ran out of time, but I still loved the outcome.


(ignore the dates, the camera wasn't set)


Next up was a quick blanket for a new baby girl for another co-worker. I used the Bernat Baby Sport again in Lavender and Baby White. The original pattern used one color throughout but I switched the edging to white. The ribbon around the edge is really nice.


I was really happy with the way they both came out and now I'm working on an afghan for my mom's birthday called Loop-n-Lace Irish Lace and Roses. It will be in Hunter Green and Soft White.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment