Well it gave me a reason to make a pattern I saw and loved in the April issue of American Patchwork & Quilting called "Sticks and Bricks". I planned to downsize it for a baby and used the yardage for the color option they gave which is a perfect size.
The toughest thing was finding enough large scale prints that worked color-wise. Found tons of nice prints that tended to read as solids from a distance. So I cut up everything that had potential and started playing with the layout. This is the finished top:
|Baby Quilt Top 02-24-12|
Now to quilt it. I've decided to machine quilt it as it needs to be done fairly quickly. I'm thinking straight lines as I'm still a novice at machine quilting. Now off to shovel some more snow that was dumped on mid-Michigan today.