Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Knitting my fingers away

So while I'm supposed to concentrate on quilting this year, I just can't seem to put down the knitting needles. I've finished the first dish cloth for the Monthly Dishcloths group. It's a football. I didn't have the proper color, but it will do. That pattern is definitely a keeper.

I've also been knitting fishies for and afghan that will (hopefully) be a Christmas present. I've been using bits of leftover yarn and they are so easy to make I'm already up to seven of them. The pattern comes from the Bits and Bobs group on Yahoo. I'm thinking if I can do a few a month I'll have them ready to piece together in time for Christmas.

Out of necessity I started a pair of fingerless mitts last night. I actually finished them in two days. I can't believe how easy they are to knit. I'll be making another pair in a solid color after I knit the mens version (Dashing). This is a great pattern!



I've also got to start the second sweater some time soon for my sister. I've been thinking about the first one and have some things I'll be doing when knitting this one that should make seaming easier. Always room to learn.

On to the sweater now!

No comments:

Post a Comment